Create Your Legacy
Legacy giving is about making a difference through a planned charitable gift. Our Legacy supporters are diverse and come from all walks of life. Yet, they have one common interest – to ensure that quality, compassionate hospice care will be available for future generations.
When you make a legacy gift to Hospice of Santa Cruz County, you may realize significant charitable tax deductions and other benefits. More importantly, you will know you are helping to bring dignity and comfort to individuals and families when compassionate care is needed most.
Meet Our Legacy Donors
Our Legacy supporters share their memories and experiences that helped shape their commitments to hospice care.
In 1993 Bob Jackson became involved with Hospice of Santa Cruz County as Volunteer Visitor, bringing support and companionship to patients and their families.
Easy Ways to Leave Your Legacy
There are many ways to make a Legacy gift. Here are a few simple and inexpensive options – small changes that can make a significant difference.
- Retirement Accounts: Hospice of Santa Cruz County can be designated as a primary or secondary beneficiary of all or part of your retirement account (IRA, 401(k), or 403(b) account). The forms are easy to change and the gifts are completely exempt from inheritance or income taxes, and they avoid probate.
- Life Insurance Policies & Annuities: A simple change in beneficiary can direct your life insurance policy or other annuities to HSCC. These gifts are also exempt from inheritance tax, income tax or probate.
- “In Trust” Accounts: Any bank account or stock account in your name can be set up “In trust for Hospice of Santa Cruz County.” You retain exclusive control of the account during your lifetime. Upon your death, the account passes to Hospice without probate or tax.
- Bequests: Through a Bequest, you can make a provision for Hospice of Santa Cruz County in your Will or Living Trust for a specific dollar amount, specific asset or a percentage of your estate.
- Gifts that generate income for life: You may choose to create a charitable gift annuity and receive fixed payments for life in return for your contribution.